View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 15, 2010, 05:17 AM

I was diagnosed October 7, 2010. I had an episode that noone ever knew what it was... in May of 2010 and landed in the hospital for 2 weeks. I had a pain in my spleen area. I believe something was happening with the MDS then. I went to Cripe then, but my blood counts were going up and he did not see blasts in the blood, so he told me to come back in September for another CBC and if they were not improved he would then do a BMB. Well in September he did one and you see my results. 15% blasts in marrow - MDS-RAEB-II. He told me then that I would need induction chemo and a transplant. And, here I am now. After 2 rounds of chemo my MDS is in remission, which I don't believe would last long if I do nothing at all.

Email me at Summer9192000@yahoo.com and we can talk about how to connect more over the telephone. Lori
Lori, female age 53 dx MDS-RAEB-II 15% blasts 10-2010. Induc Chemo 10/14/10 for 7 days - results unacceptable so 5 additional days chemo. Complete Remission 12/10/10!! SCT 1-11-11 remission achieved!!! BMB 1-29-11 100% Donor! cgvh eyes,skin (Caringbridge.org/visit/loripatrick)