View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 26, 2015, 11:11 AM

Indian alternatives to assist with neutropaenia

My dad also suffers with low WBCs, and as a family we have had to help in small ways.

One of the ways is adding a lot more tumeric (haldi) into food as it has well known antimicrobial (bacteria and fungi) properties. Around the garden at home we apply neem instead of pesticides (which were advised were not safe for someone compromised with MDS), which is also a good fungicide. It can be taken orally too.

However, unlike tumeric (which can be taken with hot water and honey), neem is bitter. We hope and pray that a fine pinch here or there helps my father.

Dad also regularly takes a gulp of honey - that historically has been known to be antibacterial and antifungal. Although some professionals have advised us against honey when under severe neutropaenia.

Please check with your own professionals about using alternatives as we would not like to cause difficulty to anyone. These are cheap and simple alternatives that can be used but are also very mild and take time to use.

A friend of mine explained that using diverse "products" is a good way to help someone with neutropaenia.

We hope and pray for good health for all.