View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 16, 2015, 02:43 AM

Tumeric as antimicrobial

We use tumeric boiled in milk (with honey added to sweeten after) or as a spice in food. I know people who also take it raw (i.e. normal dried form. It also helps stop bleeding and is good for cuts (but this we use for the kids and not for dad - but it is worthwhile remembering if there are low platelets - like nasturtium leaves, they help with clotting - but PLEASE check with your medical professional about these alternatives first).

A good combination (if you are not vegetarian) is boiling up some beef marrow bones. Add a little water, garlic, ginger, salt, and some tumeric to taste, and eating the "stew".

But we also just sprinkle it on dad's food.

The data on tumeric is quite impressive.

And buying tumeric from different sources is what we also do - we do not use the same batch all the time. It is important to keep a range of diverse products/actions for neutropaenia (based on my reading) because of negative selection. That is, the bugs not killed by what you use, tend to get stronger. So diversity, which is natures check on errant mutations of all sorts, helps by reducing negative selection.

When dad is out of the room, we also put up a range of antibacterial oils. We add it to the water and let it waft in the room. We have been advised that doing it while he is in the room allows bugs to travel in the moisture generated, and that is not good. I cannot recall now, but we took the list of scents to use from new research on aromatherapy oils being used in Intensive Care Wards to eliminate superbugs (and here they also use a diverse range of scents, at least so far). Off hand, we use clary sage, lavendar, geranium (but be careful in summer as the bees love this), sandalwood (australis as the other is too pricey), pine, mint, eucalyptus, tea tree and lemon grass.

But please CHECK with your own medical practitioners as each patient is different.

Last edited by alyasa : Mon Nov 16, 2015 at 02:56 AM.