View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 24, 2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLL414 View Post
USSOCCER004 -

since this was diagnosis in service you should see Veterans service representative eg. Disabled Veterans of America (DVA), Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), etc.

Reason being that they can help you file a disability claim and you could be eligible for tax free compensation... but even more important is you would be entitled to free medical care (including prescriptions). You don't have to switch hematology doctors if you don't want to, but you do need a VA primary care doctor (and you could continue to see your own private doctors). If your private doctor's prescribe medicine, you just bring the scripts to the VA PC doctor and they rewrite them to the VA Pharmacy. You can pick them up or have them mailed to you.

I am 100% disabled and receive VA compensation and SSDI... it certainly helps if unemployable. Also my dependents (spouse, children) are entitled to free medical insurance, USCAMPUS and education benefits. Some states have additional benefits so check that out too.

Please Google VBN, you'll learn a lot there regarding what you could be entitled to for serving in the military, it's a forum board for veterans and family members of veterans. And by the way... thank you for your service to the country!

My apologies to those that this message doesn't apply to, but I thought it to be important from one PNH veteran to another.
I really appreciate your help, did you get service connected for Aplastic Anemia or PNH? Thank you so much for your help from one veteran to another.