View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 22, 2014, 08:36 AM

Dear Alcof,
I am so sorry for your Father's situation. But with this disease you never know when it could turn around. Don's situation was so dire at one point that he was on his oncologist's "death list".
I think contacting Glaxo was a great idea - I just wish you were in the US so you could possibly go to The National Institutes of Health (NIH). They truly saved Don's life and are on the cutting edge. The NIH had such great success with their AA patients taking Eltrombopag that they decided to try it on their MDS patients. Don was their first MDS guinea pig and he is now their star patient - the biggest response and the only one who has maintained his counts after stopping the drug.
I wish you and your Father the very best. Keep the faith - it could all turn around. It's such a strange disease and so unpredictable! I'm so glad you have found Marrowforums. The people who post here have personal experience for you to draw on - and they are very caring and so supportive. We're all in this together.
Hopeful, I was getting ready to eat my own humble pie as NIH had never mentioned a connection with immune suppression and Promacta so I really couldn't disagree with you. Thank you for investigating it further. As you know - knowledge is so key with these marrow diseases and treatments.
Warmest wishes to all - and God Bless,
Sally

Last edited by Sally C : Fri Aug 22, 2014 at 08:49 AM.