View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 5, 2012, 08:34 PM

Hi Brian!

I've been on Exjade for almost a year now with no ill effects (aside from the outrageous cost of the drug!).

I'm 180-185 and doing 1500 mg per day. My liver and kidney numbers were initially checked every other week but are now checked monthly. They have held completely steady; no variations worth mentioning.

My ferritin has been stubborn, however, I started at 5000-plus and, a month ago, was still in the 3,000s.

I think most folks get on fine with Exjade, but a small percentage of folks do have nasty side effects, so it's important to monitor liver and kidney function while on it. I also had my vision and hearing tested before commencing. I haven't noticed any changes in that regard, but I haven't yet been for the one-year follow-up on those.

Take care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com