View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 30, 2007, 07:02 PM

Info on CMML

Ruth,

Thank you so much for your helpful reply. A double BMB means that the dr. will do a BMB in each hip. The dr. plans to draw large samples out of both hips and get large pieces of bone with the express purpose of examining him for CMML and low grade lymphoma. One hip seems to contain non-paratrabecular lymphoid aggregates (tumors) and one hip seems to contain paratrabecular lymphoid aggregates. The reason it has been scheduled for March is because Grant is changing jobs on January 2, 2008 and we requested to wait if it was possible to give him some time at his new job before he had to take off to go do the double BMB. His dr. felt like Grant was stable enough that we could wait until March. I forgot to mention on my previous post that Grant's chromosomes are still normal, but his flow cytometry showed bright on CD5, CD7, CD20, and CD45. In the reading I've done and the discussion I've had with Grant's dr., when CMML is suspected then flow is analyzed for CD14 and CD61. Neither of these were analyzed at the time of Grant's last BMB in September, 2007. Thank you for the information and I appreciate your timely reply.

Lori C. (wife of Grant, dx ET 2004, HU and Pegasys INF, now suspected to have CMML/MDS, double BMB scheduled 3/08, still on Pegasys INF at 45mcg/month)