Thread: Jill's Journey
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 20, 2010, 10:15 AM

Jill's Journey

Hi everyone!
My journey is about to begin. I had a echocardiogram, pulmonary function test and another bone marrow biopsy last week. Just waiting to hear if my transplant has been approved by our insurance and I am told they are quick. Next week I return for radiation planning, EKG, chest x-ray and CT scan, central venous catheter training, and a consent meeting. I will begin total body irradiation on May 4th for four consecutive days, chemo (cytoxan) on May 8th and 9th, and then my donor's stem cells with be infused on May 11th. I have been busy getting everything in order at home, since my husband and I will be living four hours from home. Thankfully we have two grown daughters to take over the care of their 15-year-old sister. We have Skype to stay connected and they will travel down to the bay area to visit often. I will try to update as much as possible. I also have a Care Pages site jillsjourneyt2acure.
Jill
Jill, 58 y/o female dx with MDS-U June 2008, IPSS:Int. 2. Allogeneic SCT May 25, 2010. Relapsed January 2011. Started Vidaza (azacitadine) Feb. 2011; Currently on cycle #58 , IV, 5-days every six weeks. WBC 5.3, Hgb 13.0, PLT 110 (2/16/18)

Last edited by Jill2008 : Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 01:56 PM.