Thread: Jill's Journey
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 20, 2010, 11:26 AM

Oh that's all very exciting, Jill! You mention the catheter training - are you getting it inserted next week, too? I must say, I loved both lines I had- they meant I didn't have to get stuck with needles anymore, and so many IVs had to be hooked up in the early morning or late at night, so it didn't matter if I was half asleep...

Also, I hate to tempt fate, but do you know where your donor is located? (I'm just thinking about all the problems the UK patients are having right now with the flights stopped)

Is your husband staying with friends, or is he going to be in a hotel while you're an inpatient? I found that having a good wifi connection, lots of dvds, and lots of crafts to keep me busy were really helpful in preventing too much boredom and the stir-crazies.
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)