Thread: Jill's Journey
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 23, 2010, 08:45 AM

10 more days!

Melissa and Laura,
Thanks you both for your advice. I will have the Hickman catheter placed the day before I begin TBI. We have to travel four hours to Stanford, so my case manager has tried to make appts. as convenient as possible for us. I will most likely find out what information I can on my donor Monday. I haven't been told yet that there any delays in my treatment. I will have my laptop with me, as well as movies and tv shows on DVD, my Ipod and scrapbooking materials. I know there is a list on this site of recommended items to bring. I think I am pretty well prepared, but thought there might be a few suggestions that I didn't think of.
We have rented a nice furnished apartment just 8 miles from the hospital and then once my ITA appointments can be spaced out enough I will move to my parents home 30 minutes away. Getting nervous!
Thanks for joining me in my journey!
Jill
To Neil or Ruth-Is there any way to change the title of my thread to Jill's Journey? (missed a letter) oops!
Jill, 58 y/o female dx with MDS-U June 2008, IPSS:Int. 2. Allogeneic SCT May 25, 2010. Relapsed January 2011. Started Vidaza (azacitadine) Feb. 2011; Currently on cycle #58 , IV, 5-days every six weeks. WBC 5.3, Hgb 13.0, PLT 110 (2/16/18)