Thread: Jill's Journey
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 23, 2010, 04:27 PM

Let the Journey Begin!

Thanks Neil!
I just found out my transplant has been approved! Thank you for the link to the list of items and for your suggestions. Just have to pick up a few things and I'm ready. I am allowed to bring posters for my room so I am creating 20 x 30 photo collages through Costco.
I don't know what I would do without my husband. He has read the entire transplant manual at least twice. My nurse coordinator and social worker both asked him if he could teach a class to the other caregivers. Ha Ha! Our three daughters will all be together and they plan to come see me on Mother's Day. My parents live in the Bay Area, so I'm sure they will also be visiting often.
The only thing I'm kind of sad about is that I started up a Relay For Life team last year and now my husband and I will not be able to attend the event. Both sides of our families will be there too as well as many friends. I hope that next year I will be able to attend as a survivor!
Jill
Jill, 58 y/o female dx with MDS-U June 2008, IPSS:Int. 2. Allogeneic SCT May 25, 2010. Relapsed January 2011. Started Vidaza (azacitadine) Feb. 2011; Currently on cycle #58 , IV, 5-days every six weeks. WBC 5.3, Hgb 13.0, PLT 110 (2/16/18)