Thread: Jill's Journey
View Single Post
Old Thu May 6, 2010, 08:26 PM

Hi Everyone! You are probably wondering what has been happening.
On Monday we arrived at Stanford for my catheter placement in the outpatient surgery center. Other than a mild reaction to the platelet transfusion I received, everything went smoothly with the procedure and I felt very little pain. Following a short post-op recovery, I was admitted to the BMT Unit.
I received the first dose of chemo on Tuesday morning without any side effects. After the doctors morning rounds, however, the BMT team decided to postpone my remaining chemo and transplant. I had developed a severe sinus headache/migraine following allergy symptoms I experienced last week. They had to rule out the possibility of a respiratory virus which could cause me to develop an infection with no immune system to fight it off. Better to be safe than sorry I guess. I have an appointment for labs tomorrow morning and at that time they will re-evaluate. In the meantime, I have to avoid contact with people and other than when I am in the apartment or car, wear a hepa mask. I was also told to take Claritin-D.
I found out yesterday that the virus testing came back negative.
Will try to post an update as soon as possible.
Jill
Jill, 58 y/o female dx with MDS-U June 2008, IPSS:Int. 2. Allogeneic SCT May 25, 2010. Relapsed January 2011. Started Vidaza (azacitadine) Feb. 2011; Currently on cycle #58 , IV, 5-days every six weeks. WBC 5.3, Hgb 13.0, PLT 110 (2/16/18)