Thread: Day 110
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 8, 2010, 08:18 PM

Things are going good here. My counts remain awesome.

However...

I am really struggling with fatigue and returning to work. I work on a VERY busy pediatric hospital. We run the entire shift. I am so exhausted after working one day I am sick for multiple days after. I am really struggling with this and looking at options to only work half time. I just can't handle the work I used to do and it is very upsetting to me.

Also, they may have found the reason for the diarrhea...so far everything has come back negative. However, a few recent tests are leading doctors to think I might have Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome....a tumor or tumors in the pancreas and/or intestine. I am pretty nervous about this whole situation. They are still doing some of the testing to confirm this. While it will be nice to FINALLY have an answer to the diarrhea...it is depressing to hear what could be the cause. It is very rare and normally found in men between 30-50 yrs. That is why no one thought to test me for it before. The tumors cause my body to make high levels of gastrin which causes the diarrhea and also makes high acid levels in the stomach.

Laura