Thread: Day 110
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura View Post
Melissa how are things going with your apts? Getting anywhere?
Well, after I got the PALS (patient liaison service - the people you complain to) team involved, they apologised profusely and convinced me to give them one last shot. So I have an appt with a doctor (rather than a consultant, as my jerk consultant's replacement doesn't start til Feb) on Friday. If I'm not happy, I'm ending it with that department totally, and getting copies of my various blood and hormone levels to take with me.

Meanwhile, one of my lovely haem registrars put through a referral to the early menopause unit at Guy's hospital (which is in walking distance from mine), and lo! I got an appointment letter through last week. So even if this last chance King's dr doesn't care or spouts the same BS as the other doctor there, it doesn't matter, because I'm seeing the early menopause Prof at guy's at the end of Feb. (Which is how it should be - referral to appointment in 2 months is perfectly acceptable. Six months is not!!)

So hopefully things are looking up for both of us!
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)