View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 1, 2013, 12:51 AM

Admitted for transplant

Hi everyone, well I guess my day has arrived, I was admitted well I guess yesterday now, it's 12:44am. I was admitted on 12-31-12. I'm involved In a clinical trial and have been chosen for non myeloblative low dose chemo then BMT planned on the 8th. I can honestly say I'm scared, greatful, and happy all wrapped into one. I'm two hours away from home so ill be away from family most of the time, but, I know God is on my side and have plenty of movies to watch and books to read. They did a spinal tap on me and injected some chemo in my spine, it's sore and they plan to start my chemo tomorrow on the 2nd. Only issue I've had so far I suffer from boils/abscess and of purse I get one on the inside of my leg two days before admission. It opened up a bit and the doc is suppose to lance it today so hopefully it won't be a problem during transplant/chemo. Anyways, god bless and I hope everyone is doing well... Phil