View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 7, 2013, 11:31 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmeeks View Post
well, lastnight after getting that first bag of thymogobulin, it hit me like a ton of bricks, I started having joint pain, my fever jumped up to 103, shakes, chills, sweats etc. not a fun night at all . Finally today the fever broke and I sweat it all out of me and feel much better, the doc said its mainly side effects of the thymogobulin. Just finished my second bag today and with some premeds its not hitting me as hard.I have one more bag tomorrow and a bag of TAC ? its another immunosupessor drug and then transplant on Tuesday so im about half way of getting thru all this God has been so very good to me and taking care of me and thank you guys for the support.
We so often hear that patients suffered side effects of an initial treatment, then got premeds that made it easier the next time. It makes you wonder why don't they use the premeds the first time. I guess it's because they don't know which side effects will occur for a given patient. You just hate to hear that someone had to endure side effects for which preventative measures are available.

TAC is tacrolimus, an immunosuppressive like cyclosporine.