View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 4, 2007, 11:16 PM

Smile My vidaza side effects

The first day of the first set I took a compazine for nausea. I had the vidaza shot around 10 a.m. and the compazine around 10:30. By 4 pm I thought I would be ok. I had been told that compazine helped most people if they got sick. However, if it did not work that Zofran would help. The doctor gave a couple samples pills of Zofran (just in case). Well I became very ill around 5 pm and vomitted many times. I took the Zofran and within about what seemed to the longest time, my nausea finally stopped. The next day, when I went for my next shots, I told the nurse about the nausea. They gave me a Zofran prescription which I now take faithfully each day that I get a Vidaza treatment. They said that compazine addressed nausea on one part of the brain and Zofran on another part. Well!! it did not work for that side of my brain. The other side effects I had on the first set of shots were: fatigue, lack of energy. I was also very depressed, but I don't know if taking the treatment or knowing about my condition caused that. I also had extreme constipation. The doctor tells me that it is caused by the Zofran. I finished my third treatment set last week and seems that the side effects are dimming.
Thanks for having created this site. I really really appreciated