View Single Post
Old Mon May 23, 2016, 09:53 AM

15 days post ATG,platelets are at 4000 4 days after transfusion...

hi everyone, I am new to this forum..My mom was diagnosed with severe AA in April last week and her platelets count didn't improve even after 4 transfusions.She received hTG for 4 days in may 1st week during which she responded very well and her platelets hit 70,000.However immediately after ATG her platelets fell again.Now 15 days after treatment she has had 3 platelet transfusions and on third day cbc(may be before that) her platelets go below 10,000.Last SDP transfusion was on saturday, following her platelet count 4000 but no bleeding till date before/after diagnosis.We have already spent most of our life time savings on hATG(no insurance cover) treatment and SDP transfusion is costing us so much.My questions are:

1.Considering the fact that she is refractroy, how often should we give her SDP or just wait and watch for the ATG to respond?(As we lack funds, the amount saved on SDP transfusion can be used for buying eltrombopag one more month)

2.She has no PNH and her age is 59.She is currently on eltrombopag and cyclosporine and grafeel injection.Since she responded well during ATG, is there any way to predict her response time?

I request the experienced members to advice me on this ...
Shar, Daughter of N, 59 year oldfemale,had only anemic symptoms since January,Dx SAA april last week, given hATG may first week, currently on eltrombopag,cyclosporine.Platelet counts hovering below 10,000 even after transfusions(refractory?)