View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 25, 2007, 02:06 PM

Insurance Denial for BMT

I was scheduled for my Bone Marrow Transplant for 6-14, had my Hickman line and my Portocath inserted on 6-13, had taken medicine for a week in preparation for it and had already started on Dilantin when I was informed that my insurance denied the pre-authorization for the bmt, so we had to check out of the hospitality house and go back home and my unrelated donor had to be put on hold! I received the letter from the insurance two days later and then a reviewed one the next day. I appealed it through a Bureau of Insurance and my transplant doctor (bless him)sent a 5-page letter with my appeal explaining that his regimen of Chemo is not a clinical trial but regular practice for people over 50. So I am back in the waiting chair, they have 10 days to reply. I just wondered if omething like this ever happened to anybody else and if maybethere are other resources I can turn to? Thanks, I really apreciate it. I have been blessed with great doctors and nurses and a wonderful support group with my friends and family and this forum, thank you everybody for sharing, it makes such a difference!

Rose 57 years dx 09-2006 with MDS RAEB10 rounds of Vidaza in preparation for BMT