View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 2, 2016, 08:09 PM

MDS and Lung cancer!?

My Xray results came back from my annual check for Lung cancer. It stated that they "suspected" something, and that I needed to be checked again at any hospital to "see the progression" (translation my own) of what they "suspect".
This same clinic found low blood levels, which recommended me to check at a hemotologist, who diagnosed me with MDS.
Now they have "suspected" something in my lungs, and recommending me off again !
This cannot be happening to me! I know I am in total denial, but maybe, just maybe it could be latent TB which is resurfing due to my low immune system. TB is preferable to lung cancer, right?

I do not smoke, neither does anyone in my family. My workplace is rampant with TB, so that's what I'm hoping for.

My symptoms are an itchy throat and in between my lungs. I've always thought it was because of all the cold drinks, it IS summer. I have night sweats, burping and nausea.

Next week, I will have my lungs checked at the same hospital as my MDS treatment. That way, all my data can be at the same place.
Scared is an understatement. I think I've lost it. Please, could someone help me clear my mind?
Meri