View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 20, 2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria J View Post
Hi Susan and Ron,

I'm glad to hear you're both still hanging in there. Your counts can certainly drive you crazy, especially when they seem to be only moving south.

On another note, Ron, the cancer center where I go does offer wellness services, one of which is two sessions of Reiki. I did take advantage of that (even though it's supposed to help boost your immune system - counter-productive for someone using IST), but, darn, did it make me feel great!

Try not to obsess about your counts, a bit up or down doesn't mean so very much in the scheme of things, and it's really all about how you cope with the counts that you have.

Be strong,
Gloria
Hi GloriaJ,
You have a good attitude and outlook on your situation. Thanks for your suggestions. We sure can get obsessive over numbers and I can't usually guess which way my numbers are going to be by how I feel. I did a 10 mile bike ride last week the day I got the 8.6 HG report. If people tell you you are sick, we usually try to oblige them!
Having two doctors isn't great for communication either. I always take results from one doc to the other, but their own communication is something I can't control.
We are so fortunate to have Wellness Centers. Your Reiki class sounds interesting. We have yoga, Mindfulness, guided imagery, Chi Gong, and many other classes. It's a great place for finding our spirit and meeting others sharing their strength and anxieties with us. It's a shame that AA is so rare. I've never met anyone in person with it. I feel like an orphan around so many with lung, prostate, breast, and ovarian cancer at our Center. We have food preparation classes and nutrition counselors who talk up the Omega 3 foods and immune- enhancing diets and it's embarrassing to say that I need the opposite- including Liver, pork and beef! I agree that our attitudes can make or break our physical limitations. . I guess it's just one day at a time and trying not to borrow tomorrow's troubles till we get there.
Ron