View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 3, 2012, 06:33 PM

Hi, I need to be clearer about my problem

If I go to the treatment centre, I have blood taken by the nurse and the nurse gives me results within 10 minutes. They have their own laboratory on site.

Now that I'm not having treatment I needed to have a blood test through my GP with copies of these test results to be sent to the hematologists office as well. These test results should be available the next day. My GP tells me I can ring for them but when I do I am always met by an obstructive medical receptionist who tells me I have to make an appointment to get the results. Usually, I have to argue my way through the protocol and can get to speak to the GP. Unfortunately, my GP has now reduced his working hours and only works a few days a week and takes a lot of time off. I never know if he is available or not. He has had health issues himself with prostate cancer, diabetes and a heart attack. His disabled daughter also passed awayunexpectedly and he was justifiably devastated and has had a lot of leave since then.

If he orders a test and then has leave, I can't get the results until he comes back to work. The clinic has a policy that only the doctor who orders the test can give results out. I have been seeing Alex as my GP for 12 years since my previous GP was banned from practicing for having an affair with a patient.

I don't want to change GPs or clinics but I can't see any way around this. My copper results from last week will be there waiting for me but because Alex is on leave I can't get the results. I know my hematologist office will have them but he won't let the receptionist give results either. He insists that he rviews them and speaks to you about them. I respect his policy but he works at 4different hospitals and 3 different treatment centers. This is one BUSY man so I feel as if I'm being a bother and it can take a long time to get results as
well.

I just wish they had the system they seem to have in the US where you can email the doctor for the results or even better, you get an ID number and can access your results directly from the lab computer.

Regards
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion