View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 13, 2011, 10:24 AM

Hey Darice!

Don't be fooled by my blog and posts -- there are lots of folks around here who know more and have a lot more experience than I do. I'm just naturally curious and tend to blather on.

Sorry to hear that Jens had a bad one; one thing about MDS, every morning tends to be a bit of a surprise in terms of energy level. I just had an RBC transfusion, so know I think I can take on the world. Give me about three weeks and my behind will be dragging. My wife has learned to capitalize on the higher energy times: yesterday we replaced some rotten weatherboarding on the house and moved some scaffolding around.

I hope the Vidaza goes well for you guys. From what I've heard from other folks 'round here, it's real important not to be discouraged by dropping counts and no improvement through the first few cycles.

Take Care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com