View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 2, 2010, 07:47 AM

Hi Starz, and welcome!

It's nice to see another Londoner, and one at King's, too!! I had my transplant there almost exactly a year ago, and a RIC MUD, too! The nurses, doctors, and support staff at the DMU (and Davidson) are just utterly FANTASTIC. I cannot say enough good things about them. And the facilities there are really nice, too, with the new lcd tv/dvds and the nice wifi. The only bad thing was the food, but that wasn't the poor food service workers' fault (they were really nice).

If he's having problems with nausea, please, please speak to the nurses about it. They've seen everything, and have a solution for absolutely everything. They always told me to "never suffer in silence". I'd be wary of bringing anything in from outside without consulting with them first. Besides any interactions, everything you bring in could potentially have germs on it, too. My mom even opened up my post for me so I wouldn't touch the envelopes!
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)