View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 17, 2013, 10:08 PM

Deb / Doug,

I'm right behind you, I'm tentatively scheduled for Oct 20th Admittance, and Oct 31st Day 0...

Good to know about the sneakers / slippers... They provide computers in every room, but they said you can bring your own laptop... I have a few to choose from, since I rebuild them (as a hobby)... I also have a remote TV device, kind of like a slingbox, so I can tune in to channels at home over the internet (Vulkano)... Nothing like flipping channels at home... (while your away)...

I have to let them know if I'll participate in a study for palifer min and/or Leupro lide acetate or neither, supposed to help immune system recover faster... I can opt out, and get palifer min for mucositis, but not get the possible added benefit of the other drug (which lowers hormone levels)...

Tough descision, but I'm leaning toward participating, and my Hemo and Nurse Practioner agree, since it will get me better and more closely mointored for symptoms...

Best of luck, to you and Doug... God Bless and see you through...
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)

Last edited by Whizbang : Wed Sep 18, 2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: edit