View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 15, 2015, 09:37 AM

I am very sorry that any medical professional would have communicated this type of information to you based on your symptoms and somewhat off labs. It serves no purpose. If your blood smear is good and CBC is good I would not worry about any blood cancer at this point.

If the blood in your urine was not visible to you, but shows up in the urine test results, it does not readily mean PNH. Women, when menstruating, can have traces of blood in the urine. That's not uncommon. And as you know, an infection can cause it also. If you are taking aspirin or other OTC pain drugs, they can cause blood to show up in the urine.

I don't know what role the MA plays in your doctor's office but if it's Medical Assistant, then she should refrain from discussing your medical diagnostic work-up with you. MA's usually do vitals, blood draws, etc.

Even when doctors do not really think you could have a cancer, they will still do some tests to rule it out. Many times, diagnosing a patient is process of elimination. This true for Aplastic Anemia. They rule out Leukemia, MDS, any genetic blood disorders and nutritional deficiencies first. Just because they test for it doesn't mean they think you have it.

You just gave birth to your child which is hard on the body and so your hormones may not have fully recovered. Have you discussed your issues with your OB/GYN regarding postpartum issues that may be contributing to some of your symptom?
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.