View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 30, 2011, 01:24 AM

Mom's First Cycle of Vidaza

Hello,

I hope to find peace and some rest by writing my story. My mom is 52 years old and was diagnosed with MDS this past May/11. The doctor finally put her in treatment and she started her first vidaza cycle yesterday. The first day was not too bad she had severe nausea and a couple of vomits. Today she had appetite and was able to have a normal routine day until we went to her Dr. to get the second round of her treatment. After we got home she started with severe vomits and a she lost her conscious for a couple of times. My brother and I had to pick her up from the bed in order for her not to chock in her own vomit. I am not sure if this are normal side effects and if its normal for her to be experiencing all of this symptoms. I will talk to the dr tomorrow about today's events. She finally went to sleep after throwing up about 10 times. Please take her in your prayers and any recommendations or tips will be welcome. I hate this feeling of hopelessness and not knowing what the outcome is expected to be. I just hope she gets better after her treatment.

Thanks for taking some time to read my post.

Erika