Thread: Neutropenia
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 28, 2015, 05:19 AM

Neutropenia

Hi Peachy!
You know during the almost nine years I have had the dx MDS I have really not struggled. I have only felt ill when I had neutropenic fever - otherwise I have been able to do everything except that I have been very afraid of infections.

This means that I only travel in my own car (now taxi), only meet friends in restaurant with "much air" or outdoors, only go to musicals, circus etc with my grandchildren when I can get a seat in the first row of the balcony etc.

The disease and/or Thalidomide, that worked three years for me, has resulted in neuropathia, so I can't walk as before and my hands are weak.

Since X-mas, when I had neutropenic fever for the 4:th time, I feel very tired but I have no pains, nausea or other symptoms. I have said good bye to my wonderful doctor since almost nine years because I don't have any treatment that should be prescribed by a hematologist and other patients are needing his time.

Now I am waiting for home care so I won't have to go by taxi to the hospital for blood work and txs.

As I have written at another post I hope that Revlimid will work for your husband!
Kind regards
Birgitta-A