View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 9, 2007, 12:19 AM

transfusion next week

Hi, I just received my blood test results from 2 days ago. My Hb is 75 and my WCC is 2.0. This means that i'll need another transfusion next week. By that time my Hb will have fallen to 70, it seems to average a fall of 5 - 10 a week. I'm kind of used to this after 4 years but I get really tired and I still need to work. What I'm finding hard to deal with is the joint pain that I get. At the moment (last 6 weeks) I have had L sided hip and shoulder pain which makes working just that much more difficult. Unfortunately I have a physically active kind of job. PLEASE does anyone else get this kind of joint pain ? If so , what is it ? How do you ease it without taking pain killers ? My doctor doesn't seem interested. When you have a more serious condition they don't seem to want to know about minor (!!) inconveniences. When I have my transfusion next week I should find out what the hot spot in my kidney is all about. I hope it doesn't mean more tests. Looking forward to some feedback. Thanks. Chirley