View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 16, 2007, 09:59 PM

My doctor isn't so bad !!

Hello, it's me again. I have just come home from hospital, I've had some good news and I'm feeling well. There's not much better than that , is there ? It turns out that the spot on my kidney is just some scarring from previous infections or stones and it isn't anything nasty. Also my physician has decided not to take the advice of the haematologist and he isn't going to ask me to have another iron infusion in ICU or another bone marrow biopsy at this stage. Whew !!, When I was admitted this time I stayed in my street clothes and refused to get into a bed so that it would be easier to refuse treatment and leave hospital if my doctor was going to insist on these treatments. But it wasn't necessary because he couldn't see the point of doing those treatments either. Well, I've had 5 units of blood ( Hb fell to 61 ) and my total WCC has risen to 2.5, I feel great, I'm going to sieze the day and mow my lawn while I can. It's beautiful weather, 25 degrees and a nice breeze with just a hint of a shower of rain coming off the sea later on. After mowing the lawn I'll reward myself with a nice cold beer. I hope you know what I mean when I say that I just appreciate feeling well enough to do (and enjoy)things that I used to think of as a chore. Bye for now. Chirley