View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 9, 2014, 10:48 PM

Cheryl,

Just want to make sure you realize that the 5-2 fasting plan is for weight loss and that's what we are doing. You loose about 1 -2 lbs/week. It also has some medical benefits. At the time we started this, I was not aware of the work they were doing around fasting and cancer, or fasting and immune system regeneration. Which sound like two different studies.

The fasting for regenerating the immune that Tom originally posted is different but based on some of the same research by the same doc.

I think the video and other links may clarify that for you. I would assume, depending on your approach, that there would be some weight loss. I think it's best if you can find a doctor to work with you on this. From what little I've read, I haven't seen any mention of them working with people with blood disorders. You may want to contact Dr. Longo at USC.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.