View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 31, 2015, 07:36 PM

Thank you Rar for all the info. We visited with a Dr. Bierman last year, when my husband where they decided he was not eligible for a BMT, which you are probably correct is really a SCT.

After we hear on the trials we are to see Dr. Gutman as well.

We have already experienced the 0.1 WBC's and below 11 platelets when he went through Induction/Consolidation chemo and kidney failure - so I know how scarey it is.

Not surprising about the billing. Sometimes I think that many hospitals over bill Medicare to get what they can and maybe get somewhere in the neighborhood of getting expenses back. Am thankful my husband is on Medicare.

My brother had a liver transplant at UC in 2009 and I don't think charged nearly as much. He was covered with private insurance. I do know that private insurance covers more of the actual cost than medicare, thus charging more. That is entirely a different subject.

Thanks for helping me through this process. Waiting axiously for results of BMB. I actually witnessed the BMB for the first time - that was an experience. Peachy
Husband 69 dx MDS/RARS 4/2012,Arenasp 2013; dx RAEB-1 5% Blasts - transfusions, Vidaza - BMB 12/2013 35% blasts - dx AML M6b (Pure Erythroleukemia) - Induction/Consolidate complete Aug 2014 - BMB 5%; Not accepted for BMT ; New BMB 18% Blasts with dropping whites and platelets avg HGB 9