View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 2, 2016, 09:18 PM

My preference would have been 7 consecutive and would recommend that if you can get it. I started 5 on and no 6 or 7, and lower dose because of low wbc. I was doing so well we then went to full dose 5 on. then to 522 full dose. I think 5 or 522 work just as good, but just my opinion. In either case I responded will to Vidaza. I think there are so many different ways people react. I've heard some people have no symptoms or can't even handle 1st dose. I had all mine in the stomach. I would mark each shot location with a sharpie so I could spread the them out over the 7 days. I would get pretty bruised, raw, peeling and sore. One nurse noted that if I took the shot straight in vs just sub cue I would have less irritation and it worked for me. Maybe I had plenty belly fat.
Male 56, MDS 2008, pre SCT Hypocellular 5-30%, Normal Cytogenetics. WBC 500, anc 45, Blasts 15%, Platelets 45, HGB 7, RBCC 1.71, HCT 20.5, MCV 120. Became Transfusion dependent 3/2016. 5 cycles VIdaza started 3/14/16 which reduced Blast counts. . Marrow Transplant 9/1/16, Hereditary MDS/AML.