View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 23, 2011, 12:22 PM

Small victory

Small victory but you win ball games one run at a time.

Hi Bob-

Sue got a call today from someone at the Tampa VA. He told her he was ordered my Scty. Shinseki to pull Paul's file, hand deliver it to his doctors for updates and then Shinseki would review the file. The Tampa rep. told Sue they would be contacting her within 7-10 days with a decision! She asked why they decided to do this & he said it was a result of the letter I e-mailed to Shinseki! Wow! Thank you, Bob, for suggesting I write him. I really can't believe it worked.

The Tampa guy seemed a bit shocked that he had been ordered to do this, telling Sue it was "being fast-tracked & it was totally against protocol & that these things normally take years."

Sue told the Tampa rep. that they were going to Moffat tomorrow to find out if Paul was still eligible for the transplant. I hope that doesn't muddy things up for the disability benefits decision...but of course Sue & Paul would give anything for a cure. Paul has been a bit better lately; he hasn't needed blood transfusions for a week & a half. He still has the pnemonia & has to be transfused with anti-fungals for that, though.

Sue said she'd call you if & when they get the disability approval. Paul says he'll believe it when he sees it.

I couldn't stop smiling today. Thanks again, Bob!

Diane