View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 25, 2010, 01:39 PM

Cindy,

Thinking of you today also as Ron begins treatment this week. Hope all goes well.
We were all set this morning to discuss things with our regular oncologist but when we got there we learned that his nurse's husband had passed away suddenly last Thursday and the funeral is today, so everything was crazy in the office. They were moving people's appointments, etc. so everyone could be off this afternoon to go to the funeral. So sad. He was only 53 years old.
So even though Al had labs and the first dose of round 6 of Vidaza, we were only able to see the PA and discuss things with her. However, we had already made up our mind prior to getting there that we were going to go ahead with the chemo today. They have scheduled us to definitely see the doctor on Wednesday though, so we can discuss things with him.
I appreciate everyone's input on the clinical trial. Since we are new to this (I'm sure like others, I had never heard of myelodysplasia or MDS before Al was diagnosed in May 2010), we do not have an understanding yet of how clinical trials work, etc. So we will definitely check things out before jumping into something we don't know anything about.
I did find an article online last night that said not to give up on Dacogen or Vidaza too soon because there are a number of patients who take a longer response time. So I'm hoping that is the case with my husband. Maybe Round 6 will be the charm.
Good counts to all,
Linda