View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 25, 2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanRubble View Post
Another unpleasant thing about this whole thing, for me, is that I have to pretend to be okay all the time, and I'm not. All my life I've been told how strong I was, but now I'm just tired.
I think every caregiver here knows exactly what you mean.

Basically, we all just do the best we can, and hold it together because we have no choice. It does get easier with time, but the first thing you have to let go of is the notion that things will magically go back to the way they were. They won't. Hopefully your daughter will continue to respond well to treatment and go on to lead a full, happy life, but AA is something you'll always have in the back of your mind. The more you can learn about it and come to terms with it, the less helpless you'll feel. You're not alone, you've just joined a new community of people who have to deal with this sort of thing. If you can find one or two people here whose experiences seem close to your own, and connect with them, it will make things a lot easier.