View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 18, 2011, 05:16 PM

What questions should I ask..

Neal,

Thank you again for your great reply. The questions are all thought out and I will give them to Trevor.

In regards to the transplant. The BMT Dr's at The James have decided as a team that they will not do a BMT on Trevor because he is a prisoner. They said they will do the autologous type of transplant on prisoners but not an allogenaic that he would need. The prison will not deny it, but the Dr. wont agree to do one. By law he cant be denied by the state, I dont think it can force the Dr. to do it if they believe it to be to risky. I had Trevor's medical records subpoenad and found in the Dr.'s progress notes "he will not be considered for a BMT because he is a prisoner, if he were at home, he may be considered." Based on that I filed a request for early release with the parole board. It is now up to them. In the mean time, I pray the ATG/cyclosporin is enough and the infections he gets at the prison stay away.

Still curious to see why the BMT Dr.
Thanks agian.