View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 11, 2020, 02:25 PM

Hi David. Dan already gave the same opinion and advice that I would give regarding rare blood diseases. I have been told by one doctor that there are sometimes contributing environmental factors in respect to some blood diseases. In my non-medical but real life experiences, it seems that MAY be true, but I can not say for sure. Someone I grew up w/ died from melanoma when he was abt 49. He was light skinned, got sunburned as a kid, lived in Colorado (a lot of UV exposure), but there are many people that fit that same description who are alive and well and much older. As they are defined, rare diseases are rare, unlike diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Were you and your siblings exposed to something harmful as children? You probably don't know, and probably never will. With medical science being as good as it is, not every question can be answered. We all wish you luck in your treatment.

Mario