View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 11, 2010, 12:42 AM

Sept 20 SCT @ Sloan, too

Hi Debbie-
I am going to Sloan for a SCT also. I am to be admitted 9/19. However, I will be getting radiation and chemo. Lucky, huh? The doc (Dr. Castro) feels that given my prior failed tx with ATG, I need both to kill off an overactive immune system?
I was told that a t-cell depleted sct was my best option also. I am currently looking for answers about a t-cell depletion sct. I spoke with a former Sloan patient who felt the t-cell depletion was why she doesn't need to take meds now. That was in 2003. I guess they have been doing them for a while The t-cell depletion is also a part of their clinical trial that they are doing at Sloan.
Definately a lot to digest.
I am also going in on Monday.--I have blonde hair (for now) and will be on a few floors for pre-admit tests. Maybe I will see u and Mike.
Good Luck!
Marian
Marian , Dx 12/25/09 w/ hypoplastic myelodysplasia and 10% PNH clone. Dx changed to SAA in 1/10, treated w/ unsuccessful horse ATG and cyclosporine. Dx of unclassified MDS or acquired bone marrow failure, PNH clone 39% (after ATG). Due for BMT in Sept or Oct 2010.