View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 6, 2013, 12:30 PM

Rainbows and glitter,
I found that many people do not understand the procedure (doesn't happen in an OR) and the recovery is prolonged. Some folks at work thought I'd be out 6 weeks, not 6 months, like a surgery. You had to be educated on this whole deal, maybe they need more information or time to understand. I had to be blunt for some to understand.

Focus those efforts on who you think MOST needs to understand so they can be the support you need. Maybe take someone with you to an appointment or pretransplant education.

I'm only 42 days old today, and everything has been pretty smooth, no major complications. I'm still learning about this prolonged recovery. What has helped me is to stay task-oriented, what needs to be done now, what needs organizing, or what list needs to be made. Take ONE day (or moment) at a time.

Make your decisions rationally and not emotionally. Ultimately it's your and your doctor's decision as to what is the best long-term option for you. I wish you the BEST!!