View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 3, 2013, 03:53 AM

Talking

I recently finished ATG at Moffitt on Feb 4th. Durning my stay it was a cake walk. Zero problems, good appitite on and on. About day five after neturning home I developed "Serum Sickness" Very suddenly overnight I began to breakout in rashes, bruising head to toes. Scared the heck out of me because this was a Saturday and hard to find someone farmilier with your case or protical. Anyway I had alot of pain first legs then arms. But it all passed fairly quickly. I was working from my home office within 10days "to tired to go anywere and all the meds made me feel a little goofy. Did not sleep much because of the prednisone, if he is on that have him take it early in the day. 30 days after I am able to travel for my job, I drive about 1000 miles a week round trip from Ormond Beach Fl to Naples and in between. No problems I try to stay out only 3 days a week. I was off the neuprogen shots in about 10 days after. My hgl is doing well at about 10, whites up and down but a bit better and Platlets seem to do what they want put remaine consistantly over 20. I'm glad I did it, I put it off for a while because I was terrified. But my entiree outlook on life and well being has changed this month. Don't self diagnose on the internet it will drive you crazy, and Keep the faith.

Good luck to your son and family.

Male dx 2010 MDS 46y