View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 24, 2013, 07:26 AM

No DX....Anyone?

My mom went to see the doctor at Yale. They don't know what she has. He said it acts like AA but she really isn't Anemic and he doesn't really think it's MDS because ...(I don't know if I have this right) ...she has megakatytes (forgive my spelling) and she is not cellurlar or clonal? It could be ITP but the platelets are being attacked inside the bone marrow....it is definately auto immune but it is not cancer and it is only affecting her platelets. She is refractory and they will be starting her on HLA platelets. Anyone have any experience with these? Do they last longer and do they raise platelets a little higher? She is taking Amicar, Cyclosporine and Promacta. The doctor was very good and very informative but he didn't seem overly concerned. My mom doesn't have any bleeding and her platelets have been down to 7 and seem to always be at 9. Does anyone have any ideas? What does cellular, clonal and megakcytotes...(again, forgive the spelling)...thanks again for any info you can share.