View Single Post
Old Fri May 29, 2015, 09:46 PM

Waiting

Thank you Neil & Bailie for your response. So much to learn about this. I think it is splitting hairs also on the 19% to 20% blast. I will go June the 3rd for another blood test and then the 10th to see my Dr. again. I am sure I will learn my fate then. I do trust her, as sadly she was my sister (colon cancer) and niece's (colon cancer) Dr. They both passed away, she is currently my sister-in-laws Dr. I also lost another sister (uterine cancer) & a brother with cancer(lived only 3 weeks, not sure where it started). The word cancer terrifies me. She doesn't sugar coat anything. Other than saying if my counts go down she would start a low dose chemo. I guess I was in shock when she gave me the results, couldn't think of anything to ask her. She said something about not using Procrit, but can't remember what she said. She did say I was too old for a transplant. I am trying to stay positive and I am thankful for getting to live as long as I have. Planning on many more years. Thank you for listening to me, it is a relief to talk to the people on here who understands what I am going through, although I have a great support system. I am trying not to make them miserable, but I still at times can't quit crying. I appreciate your help.