Thread: Fludrocortisone
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 19, 2012, 03:40 AM

Hi, I rang my neurologists secretary and left a message.

He just rang back and said that these side effects are expected and that I needed to keep taking the tablets.

Oh well, looks like I'm just being overly anxious or something. I asked if he wanted me to make an appointment to see him to have the medication and neuro problems monitored and he said no. He said he would see me when I have my next escalation of the disease and needed hospital admission!

I am seriously concerned about this doctors attitude. He was the one who told me that I wouldn't be going home from hospital because I needed nursing home placement. He makes me feel as if I'm expendable.

I have just bought a BP monitor on eBay so I can keep a track of it myself and if my BP starts increasing on an ongoing basis, I'll try lowering my dose of F/cortisone and note the results. In other words, I'm going to take control over my own treatment and then no one will be responsible except me.

Im so full of fluid that when I push my finger into the skin over my shin the dent stays there for a long time. I have to sit leaning back to give my lungs room to expand properly. I've never been pregnant but I imagine it feels a bit like having a baby pushing up on the diaphragm.

I have Frusemide tablets but if I take one of those I think that would negate the reason for taking the F/cortisone.

Remember the Helen Reddy song "I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman".

I'll do what I must.

Regards

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion