Thread: Fludrocortisone
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 20, 2012, 11:37 AM

Chirley,

I agree with all who are saying to get to an emergency department now. You are filling up with fluid, your kidneys are not keeping your fluid balanced so they are overworkd. With this much extra fluid and the symptoms you are having, I believe you are already in congestive heart failure. I am also very worried that your electrolytes are out of whack, specifically the sodium and potassium. You need to be admitted and receive intravenous diuretcs like lasix to get the fluid off and ease the workload on your heart. The very idea that your doctor has put you on a steriod to elevate your blood pressure rather than trying something like midodrine is very questionable. What is the rason for the low BP in the first place?
You need a medical team in a hospital to work on reversing all this collateral damage and get you on the right therapies.
Nicole, mom to Evan (20); diagnosed SAA November 2007, hATG mid-November 2007, no response after 6 months, unrelated 9/10 BMT June 2008, no GVH, health completely restored thanks to our beloved donor Bryan from Tennessee.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanmacneil