Thread: Fludrocortisone
View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 21, 2012, 06:20 AM

Hi Sharnie,

I rang the local community health service to ask for home help/assessment. I was told there was a three week wait just to get a return phone call to see what kind of assessment I might require. Then I'd have to be deemed eligible to be assessed and if I passed there was quite a long wait for anything to proceed. I just gave up.

Our health system really is in a bad way, worse than most people realize. I worked for Q Health for almost 25 years and all I can say is that is is worse than it has ever been. If you have something serious and acute you won't get better care anywhere but when it comes to ongoing outpatient care, thats when the problems start.

I did get Bluecare to come to my house for an assessment a while ago and they determined that I didn't need any nursing care but would help with cleaning services if I paid a copayment. I happily agreed to that and the cleaner turned up, spent 25 minutes cleaning my house, didn't even clean my shower or toilet and left my tile floor so full of soap suds that I had to pay a private cleaner to come and remove the soap scum.

I thought that the cleaner was being paid a minimum wage by Bluecare who were being subsidized by the government and then paid an extra amount by me. I just didn't see where the tax payer was getting their monies worth. Call me cynical!

Feeling so much better tonight and I haven't even started weaning the steroid yet.

Regards

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion