View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 13, 2013, 09:22 AM

Hi Kmac,

Sorry to hear about your dropping counts as well. Have you been on the full dose of Cyclo since ATG? No taper at all?

It seems like NIH only accepts the worst of the worst, but honestly if your doctor is well educated on how to treat you and has some experience in dealing with AA patients I think you will be fine in CO. The NIH does a lot of testing with other drugs but overall I believe ATG is still their go to option. From what I have read people who go their usually don't have luck with any standard treatment first. So, it is a good sign you did initially respond to treatment and your counts are still acceptable.

I'm very familiar with AAMDS.org, did some fundraising and I often view the webinar's they have available. I have viewed some of the webinars in the past as well as gone to one conference here in NJ. They are very informative and a lot more inspirational than you would think.

Overall my sister like you, looks and feels fine. Except for the emotional toll this takes obviously. Hopefully things get better for the both of us. I would be interested in hearing about where that support group is and that story you told is certainly inspiring for the both of us.

Thanks