View Single Post
Old Thu May 16, 2013, 07:38 PM

A mini-transplant has never been discussed

Neil
Thank you for the quick reply. A mini-transplant has never been discussed.... I believe because she has the PNH a complete transplant would be necessary but that is a great question for me to ask. we seem to be satisfied with her doctors ... our problem lies that where in Maine and the hospitals up this way doesn't deal with a lot of Aplastic anemia patients... not to mention when you add in the PNH... so her doctors here communicate with her team of doctors at Mass General... we did spend a week there at MGH when they gave her the horse serum (ATG). Her team of doctors did seem quite confident and yes I would say that they explain things quite thoroughly... But come-on let's face it....it was a lot of terminology, a lot of scary things Like horse serum... she was covered in bruises, we were in a big city far from home… needless to say I did some pretty serious Goggling....lol

It’s my understanding that if the ATG did work she would still be constantly checked for signs of relapsing… Because the only way to get rid of this PNH would be to have the transplant... As I stated before a mini-transplant has not been mentioned…but I will be sure to ask...ty

As far as her siblings donors go... her 3 years younger brother has got a few medical issues going on I'm not really sure what exactly they all are... and her 2 year older sister has had four children but would appear to be healthier than the brother... I'm not sure if we would pick the donor or is that something the doctors would do after examining both of them…?