View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 19, 2009, 08:01 PM

Question on patients responding to prevously used treatment - Secondary Response

Hi All,
Have any of you responded to a drug that was taken earlier, perhaps it quit working, and then you responded to it again? I think this may be called a secondary response.

I appear to be having such a response to Thalidomide. I started on Thalidomide 5.5 years ago, it seemed to quit working after 32 months. I took Revlimid for 21 months, then it stopped working. I tried Vidaza for 4 cycles over a period of 5 months with no apparent response. One infusion of low dose Dacogen was tried, it dramatically lowered my counts.

Finally, almost as a last resort we restarted Thalidomide in late June 09, after 12 weeks my counts have improved almost dramatically.

My question also concerns how long anyone has been able to remain on a "seconday response", my doctor indicated it would be shorter in duration.

Whatever it is we are thankful.