View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 24, 2010, 12:48 AM

Hi -

I remember having severe headaches while getting the ATG, but not afterwards.

One thing that I do notice while on cyclosporine is that I get a buzzing and heartbeating sensation in my head at periodic times during the day. I've seen a graph for cyclosporine concentrations in the body, and the concentration "typically" ramps up quickly and peaks 2-3 hours after taking it. It then ramps down pretty quickly as well. I notice that I get the buzzing sensation 1-2 hours after taking a dose and then again about 7-8 hours later and then less severe 10 hours later. Cyclosporine constricts blood vessels. So, I attribute this buzzing to the ramp up and down of the cyclosporine levels in my body. Perhaps if your son is on too high a dosage or is oversensitive to this change in pressure, it could be causing his headaches??? Just a theory, but you may want to check to see whether the "random" times that his headaches are occurring are actually periodic day-to-day relative to the time that he is taking his cyclosporine.

I hope your little guy feels better soon. Are you seeing any improvements in his counts yet?